Sunday, September 19, 2010

Paranoia

One of the hardest thing to deal with raising a child with bipolar is paranoia. what a stressful thing its emotionally tiring. my daughter tends to get paranoid that im telling secrets about her, and she needs to know what the adults are talking about all the time. when im on the phone it seems as shes always right there listenin and if I try to leave the room the parinoia gets worse. So I have to have adult conversations when shes not around but its not always that easy. I have to have a isolated life well thats what it seems like.How do you deal with something like this?
    So tonight was a hard night for me. I thought it would be a good day. we had a good day planed. we went to the pet store thats somthing my daughter wanted to do she was looking forward to it. It was a good way to start the day. when we got back she was able to play with a couple of friends and her 1\2 brother came over for dinner. She seemed to be having a good time. Then about an hr after playing she started to complain she was so board and was getting very emotional crying for no reason storming in and out of the house saying she hated everyone, then getting lots of energy and running up and down the street. I feel bad because she does this in front of her friends but she cant help it. Its hard when she does it in front of the friends parents. its emabaring sometimes and hard to explain it to them. What do you say?
   Her 1\2 brothers mother asked if she could leave something with me that she didn't want to bring home something personal. as soon as they left I went to go put it away and my daughter got so upset that she didn't know what it was she began to get paranoid that it was something bad and it ended up being a 1\2hr tantrum with crying hitting and screaming. She was saying over and over I'm scared and your hiding something from me I need to know its bad I know it. What do you do in a situation like this? There is no reasoning with her. When she gets like this she gets angry and becomes very violent the mood changes I can deal with but the being violent torwds me I feel I cant deal with it I dont know what to do I become nervous. Children with bipolar get very strong when they are in that rage mode, I feel lost like I don't have any control. I need help with learning how to deal with it, different strategies and at the same time I need to learn how to control my own anxiety during the episode.How do you do that?
      I wish I had answers to everything. I wish it was easier to control her sometimes.I have to keep telling myself  no parent is perfect. Raising a child with a disability is the hardest job I don't know how I survive the days sometimes but I do. At the end of the day I have to take care of my self unwind a lot of the time its hard to do that. I work my self up and try to understand what went wrong. Is it really fixable? This is a life time of hard work there is nothing I can do about it but be strong. I look up to all the parents out there that raise a child with a disability its a hard job.

No comments:

Post a Comment